With prior Swim Commissioner approval, a SERC Lead-level Pilot may reserve a SERC RIB to take SERC members in good standing on Private/Training swims.
The cost currently is $40 for the first hour and $15 for additional hours (rounded up to the nearest full hour).
- Lead-level Pilot: A SERC pilot is at the Lead Pilot level (see Pilots Corner for more information)
- Private/Training swim: a self-organized swim not on the club calendar, not open to the whole club
- Zach’s note: I am choosing not to differentiate between what constitutes a training swim versus a private swim, the distinction is fuzzy.
- Swimmer requester OR Lead-level Pilot should email the swim commissioner ([email protected]) with a request for a private/training swim. The request should include:
- The date and timing
- Proposed route, including relevant tide information
- Which swimmer(s)
- Which Lead Pilot, which co-pilots (if any)
- List of risks and mitigation/safety plans
- Allow 1 week for a response, evaluation, and approval
- After the swim, the RIB usage must be paid for either by:
- Using the EventBrite form, or
- Dropping a check in the SERC office mailbox (with a note referencing the swim)
- For safety reasons, these Private/Training swims may not go outside the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Any club-wide event that uses RIBs (sunrisers, club swims, regattas, Sunday Drivers, etc etc) takes precedence over Private/Training swims in terms of RIB usage