Club swim gear
- Yellow swim caps and other club swag can be purchased in the SERC Club Office (upstairs in the Dayroom) during normal business hours.
- Yellow caps are required for all club swims, brightly colored caps are advised for all bay swimming.
- Parkas with the mighty South End Logo are available in on Club Apparel page.
Swimming in Aquatic Park
Club Swims for members are organized with pilot support, are mostly on the weekends and usually have a nominal fee to cover gasoline, a post-swim breakfast/lunch and any third party boat rentals. Swims are of varying time and distance and they almost always will finish at the club.
Club swims will require registration prior, and an active USMS membership.
Sunriser swims are pilot supported out-of-cove swims that can vary in time and distance. All sunriser swims are with the ebb or flood current and finish at the club. Registration for a sunriser swim is on the day of the swim and on a first come, first-served basis. The number of swim spots are limited with the exact number of spots based on pilot coverage.
Many marathon / long distance swimmers belong to the South End Rowing Club and use the Bay as the perfect training ground for cold water marathon / long distance swims. We have people join the club from all over the world to train in cold water to successfully complete marathon / long distance swims such as the English Channel, North Channel, Tsugaru Strait, and Cook Strait. However there are many marathon / long distance swims that can be achieved locally also. Contact our swim commissioner if you want to know more!
Other SERC swimming resources
- Water Safety Notes – A recap of a water safety class hosted in September 2022
- Pilots Corner – This section of the SERC website is dedicated to the Club’s swim piloting program. It contains information for swim pilots, prospective pilots and swim/race directors.
- Swim Director Info – If you’re directing the swim, here’s everything you need
- Club Calendar – A full listing of all the upcoming club events, and what you’ll need to join in the fun!